Sunday, September 12, 2010

Margarita Cupcakes...need I say more?

Another busy (BUSY!) week under my belt....well almost under my belt. I still have one order I'm finishing up tonight but I thought I'd take a break while my cupcakes are cooling.

I had an order this week to create deserts for a Taco Fiesta Birthday Party. My mind went naturally to margaritas! I found a few variations of Margarita Cupcakes online, and in the end sort of combined two and made my own. The end result was a batch of Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes topped with Margarita Lime Buttercream Frosting. In case you're wondering....yes....there is actual Tequila in both the cupcakes and the frosting! Believe it or not, this was my first go-round baking with Jose Cuervo, but it definitely won't be my last. I liked the end product so much I may have to do a little more experimenting with alcohol-infused baked goods...I mean really...what is not to like about the concept of combining sweet treats with alcohol?!?! If you come up with something just let me know ;)


I also had a couple of fun children's birthday party orders to work on! I love the fun, bright colors of this pop arrangement. It made me smile just looking at it! I'm still finishing up the other order...and on that note I should get back to it....I need to wrap up some Hello Kitty Cake Pops and you know the 2 dozen Strawberry Cupcakes cooling on the counter won't frost themselves!


2 comments:

  1. Do you mind sharing your margarita cupcakes recipe and witch finger cookies please. I having a cocktail and children halloween and would love to try. Great masterpieces you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janelle! Because I sell my treats as a business I don't generally reveal my recipes...but...I will give you a link to a recipe I used for inspiration for my Margarita Cupcakes: http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/?p=1261
    Happy Baking!
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete