Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cookies and Cupcakes and Cake Pops...OH MY!

Phew....okay, my last order for the week went out the door this morning and now I can finally breathe out and enjoy the work that I put in. It's a really good thing that I take pictures of almost everything after it's made because otherwise it might just be one big blur.

This week I had some really fun projects to work on....which is nice because then it really doesn't feel so much like "work" at all. You know how they say that time flies when you're having fun? Well that's probably why this week flew!

So here's my week in review.... 
Hmmmmm, really where to start? How about with Cookie Monster?!??! I had this order come in about a month ago for a little boy's birthday party. I had yet to attempt Cookie Monster pops but with Bakerella as my guide (and inspiration as always) I went after him and the end result did not disappoint. I can't wait to hear what the birthday boy thought!

Isn't he just the cutest? I mean, don't you want to just eat him up? He's almost too cute to eat....almost, I always manage to get over it and bite right in anyways.

Next on my list was a batch of cake pops for a bridal shower. I love doing these, they make the cutest shower favors. These were really basic, dipped in white with a few different kinds of white sprinkles. They ended up looking really elegant and I'm hoping they were the perfect little gift, something unexpected and oh-so-cute!



These next pops were made for a friend of mine. She is expecting her third child and a couple of months ago I ran the idea by her of using cake pops to spread the news of the new baby's gender to her friends and family. Well, she had her ultrasound this week and she and her husband kept the results a secret until this weekend at a picnic for family and friends. I of course got to know so I could make the pops...I'm calling them my She's Ready to Pop Pops! At the party everyone got a cake pop and were told that when they bit in, whatever color was inside was the new baby's gender! It really was a cute way to share the news.




I finished the week with another birthday party order. I really love working on orders for children's birthday parties. I think, in part, because I have so many vivid memories from my own birthday parties growing up. It's fun to be involved with creating something that a child may remember even years from now...something that sets this birthday apart and made it extra special! I generally assume that if my 2 year old's eyes light up and he starts pestering me for one of "Mommy's Treats" then I probably did an okay job ;)

For this particular order I was given very basic instructions, but mostly told to just be creative and make something "purpley" since that is the birthday girl's favorite color. The end result was two dozen Wildberry Cupcakes topped with Blackberry Lime Buttercream frosting, two dozen personalized cake pops and two dozen decorated sugar cookies. It was so fun putting this order together! I love it when someone gives me the opportunity to play around with decorations and flavors....it usually leads to something extra special and fun!





I think that's pretty much it....tomorrow the fun starts all over again, busy-busy, just how I like it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment