Monday, August 29, 2011

Movin' & A-Shakin'

When I started Sweet Cheeks Tasty Treats last year, I had no way of knowing what to expect. I truly didn't know if I'd even have enough orders to keep me busy. Either way, I thought it would at least give me an excuse to get in the kitchen more often, to try recipes and techniques I'd been wanting to for a long time! This venture has become SO much more than that!

The absolute BIGGEST (and BEST) surprise for me has been meeting SO many amazing people! Through my blog, my FB page, through referrals, emails...you name it...the support and following I have never ceases to AMAZE me! I appreciate EACH ONE OF YOU!

I know that not everyone wants to order cupcakes 1 dozen at a time ;) I have a couple of things in-the-works that I'm hoping will give those of you who have followed my baking online a chance to sample some of my deliciousness!

So here's what I've got cookin!

Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmers' Market: 9/3

I'll have a Sweet Cheeks Tasty Treats booth set-up at the Cedar Rapids Downtown District's Farmers' Market THIS Saturday, September 3rd! My booth (#68) is very close to the corner of 3rd Street and 3rd Avenue.

I plan on offering individual Cupcakes and Cake Pops...flavors to-be-decided! But I will reveal one flavor: FRENCH TOAST CUPCAKES! The newest flavor in my cupcake line-up will be making a GRAND DEBUT at the Farmer's Market this weekend! I developed this recipe with the Market in-mind. I wanted something fun and breakfasty since the early birds arrive to shop at 7:30am! Personally, it's one of my new FAVORITE flavors...but you'll have to try one for yourself and be the judge ;)

I'll also have a SPECIAL OFFER available to any patrons at the Farmers' Market: BUY 5 CUPCAKES, GET 1 FREE!


French Toast Cupcakes!
A Cinnamony-Sugary Cake baked with Pure Maple Syrup,
topped with a Cinnamon Maple Buttercream Frosting.
Brickside Cafe: Sweet Cheeks Tasty Treats' CUPCAKES ARRIVING 9/6!

I recently had my home kitchen inspected as part of the application process for a Home Food License. My application WAS APPROVED! Which means...I can now sell my goodies to other businesses!

I will start delivering YUMMY Sweet Cheeks Cupcakes to Brickside Cafe in Hiawatha on Tuesday, September 6th!

Brickside Cafe is located at 1705 Boyson Road in Hiawatha, IA.

I am SO unbelievably excited about this venture! As of right now, I'll be bringing in an assortment of flavors in every other day!

So stop in, have some of their BEYOND AMAZING brick oven pizza...and then for dessert...well you know :)

That's ALL for now!
I look forward to MEETING those of you that stop by at the Farmers' Market this weekend!
~Audrey

1 comment:

  1. French Toast cupcakes...YUM! All the best for the exciting new opportunities!

    ReplyDelete