Sunday, March 4, 2012

Harper's 2nd Birthday! Featuring ELMO

I know I say this EVERY time one of the kids' birthdays rolls around....but seriously....WHERE does the time go? I cannot BELIEVE that our little girlie turned 2 this weekend!!! The past year has been full of BIG changes for our family, not the least of which has involved watching our BABY turn into a BIG girl ;)

I usually try to come up with a fun and unique party theme...but this girl LOVES her some ELMO...I just knew that HAD to be our theme, no gettin' around it! I found the CUTEST party printables at Pink Pickle Studios in the exact color scheme I was working with...SCORE! I wanted a pink, orange and red color scheme, first because I have a slight obsession with that color palette...and second, because I plan on re-decorating Harper's room in said-colors so the party "extras" are going to be room decor!

I kept the dessert table SUPER simple this year...cake & Cake Pops, that was it...but I really LOVED the end result.

 I made all of the Cake Pops (duh-right!?!?) I used some hot-pink paper straws for the sticks on the Elmo Cake Pops, and juicy-orange sticks for the others. Using the paper straws is FUN way to make the pops THAT much cuter ;)

The UBER-ADORABLE Elmo Cake is the creation of Cakes by Kimberly! I told her what I had in mind, sent her a few inspiration photos...and then she created something that was BEYOND my expectations! Harper LOVED it!!! Now when people ask me if I do cakes (which...I don't...the stress...can't handle it)... I'll have a GREAT, LOCAL baker to send them to ;)

The favor-bags included Elmo baskets (bought on clearance after Halloween) and Elmo library bags (from the $1 section at Target) filled with Elmo books and a few treats. They were arranged on a FUN shelf that I rescued from Goodwill! A few coats of PINK & WHITE paint and it looked BRAND NEW (it was originally a scuffed-up, brick-red color)'ll be perfect in Harper's room post-party!

I also rounded-up ALL of her Elmo paraphernalia before the party...books, stuffed animals, name it, we have it...and added it to the shelf  for the party guests to play with! I have to admit, it was a little SHOCKING to see how much ELMO we have in our home...Harper might need an intervention ;)

The tissue monogram is another item that will be decorating her room! The original inspiration for this project came from a SUPER easy tutorial posted by Prudent Baby (HERE!) The only thing I did differently...I glued the tissue flowers to a chipboard letter and attached it to the canvas.

An AMAZING local seamstress, Cynthia of Puddin' Pies, took-on an extra special project for me...making a custom Elmo Snuggle Blankie for Harper! I collected an assortment of fabrics and had a general idea of what I wanted...but left the real details to the PRO! Harper is seriously OBSESSED with this blanket...I had to literally wrestle it away from her to get a few pictures. It's SO soft and snuggly...and BEYOND adorable....also going in her room...well...when she's not attached to it anyways ;)

The party was great and Miss Harper was a HAPPY-HAPPY girl!

I want to thank ALL the AMAZING creators that made this party such a success...items that are lovingly created really have their own special VIBE don't they???
Now...let's see how long I can get away with leaving the party lanterns up...LOL ;)


Sweet Cheeks Tasty Treats Party Styling, Photography, Elmo Cake Pops, Paper Straw Cake Pops
Cakes by Kimberly Elmo Party Cake
Puddin' Pies Custom Elmo Snuggle Blankie & pillow
Hug Wear Custom Elmo Party Outfit
Pink Pickle Studio Elmo Party Printables
Shop Sweet Lulu Paper Straws
Best Dressed Bridal & Linens Paper Lanterns


  1. I love everything about the party. The snacks are so cute. I love the birthday girl's headband too. I'm hosting a link party on Wednesday and I'd love it if you linked this up I'm following GFC.

  2. This is adorable and looks like a great time! Such pretty decorations!

  3. This is soooo cute cute!! come link....we love all parties! :):)

    1. Thanks Nancy!!! I just linked up...looks like a lot of fun ideas have been posted already...great inspiration ;)

  4. Stopping by from Wow Me Wednesday!

  5. CUTE!!! Just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...would LOVE for you to share this!

  6. Great ideas for an Elmo party. I think every mom will have to do at least one Elmo party in their child's life. Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday! You've been featured! :) Hope to see you again this week. Stop by and grab an I was featured button.


    1. Thanks Michelle!!! I can't find the feature? Can you send me a link...I'd love to share it on my FB page too!

  7. Have you seen the Elmo parody for LMFAO? It is so funny my kids love it, I even shared it on Bacon Time last week.
    Featuring your Elmoliscious party this Thursday at Bacon Time. :)

    1. Thanks for the feature Mindie!!! My kids are OBSESSED with I'm Elmo and I know it - LOL! We watch it DAILY and they have a kiddie mosh-pit ;)

  8. Adorable party! Love your choice of pink and orange!

    Maysem @

  9. Paper straws are strong enough to hold cake pops? That's exciting!