Monday, January 16, 2012

"SURE THING" Cupcakes!

SO....I'm FINALLY getting back into the kitchen after my hand surgery! Thanks again for being patient with me while I recovered...and for all the well wishes...you ALL are really TOO sweet ;)

I had the chance to work on a NEW flavor last weekend! In honor of my Mom's 50th Birthday, we hosted a small dinner party and I wanted to make her something extra special.  One of the flavor suggestions for the NAME THAT CUPCAKE CONTEST was the basis of my inspiration....Strawberries and Champage in Cupcake form...YES please!

I'm calling these my SURE THING CUPCAKES! Prepare for your eyes to ROLL clear back in your head....I started with a Pink Champagne Cupcake, added a fresh Strawberry Marscapone filling, topped with Champagne Buttercream Frosting, sugar sprinkles and finished with a fresh strawberry slice!

Absorb THAT!


Let me just say right now....YES...they ARE THAT GOOD! The name inspiration came from Pretty Woman...strawberries & champagne...LOL...it just stuck in my head ;)

Here's a MONEY SHOT of the Strawberry Marscapone Filling....HOLY WOW!



I'll definitely be adding these to the menu...and look for them to be included in my VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIALS (posting SOON!)

In other news....the WINNER of the NAME THAT CUPCAKE CONTEST was announced last weekend too! The winning flavor....which will DEBUT this month as the first flavor in the next round of the Cupcake of the Month Club is....MALTED MILK BALL CUPCAKES!

I want to send a BIG THANK YOU out to everyone that participated by submitting flavor suggestions, voting and spreading the word...the response was AMAZING and I got SO many GREAT ideas. Expect to be seeing SEVERAL of these flavors on my menu in the future.


If you want to join contact me NOW before enrollment closes! The first batch of cupcakes will be ready at the end of THIS month!

Finally....just cause they're pretty...here's a picture I snapped of some of the flowers I had out at my Mama's party...enjoy!


~Audrey

6 comments:

  1. YUMMMMM!!!!!!
    Thanks for linking up! I shared on Facebook, too :)
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Tough-Mother/245624558819276

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nummy, I love this post! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious!

    Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/16-valentine-ideas/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those look incredible! Glad to hear you are feeling better!
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete