Saturday, May 28, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

When life gives you lemons...make lemonade...right?!? That's how the saying goes and I definitely took it to heart last week ;)

The strangest thing happened in the kitchen...I was baking a batch of Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, using my tried-and-true recipe, when about halfway through baking them I could tell something was terribly wrong! The little boogers just were NOT rising...at all...they were like half-cupcakes. I racked my brain and for the life of me could not figure out where I went wrong....and since I didn't want to hurt myself by thinking too much I just moved on with my life and decided to rebake them.

So, I remixed and baked using the SAME recipe I've always used...and whaddya know...they turned out just fine...as fabulous as ever actually! So who knows about that other batch?!?!?

Here's where it gets fun though...I couldn't just pitch the dud cuppies...it seemed too wasteful...and since I'm always making Cake Balls or Pops anyways a really fun thought occurred to me...NEW FLAVOR ALERT...I used the batch of flop cuppies to make the most AMAZING Strawberry Lemonade Cake Balls!

So in this case...when life gives you dud Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes, make Strawberry Lemonade Cake Balls, and then take a moment to enjoy your awesomeness - LOL! Seriously though...this was one of the BEST happy accidents that has come my way in awhile...and another bonus...I'm officially adding this flavor to my menu so YOU all can enjoy some too ;)

Here are a few pics of the end result....plus just for fun, I'm also sharing a picture of some yummy cuppies that made their way out of my kitchen last week ...after all that talk of dud cupcakes I didn't want you all to think I'd lost my touch ;)


Strawberry Lemonade Cake Pops, complete with Pink Paper Straws for sticks!

Strawberry Lemonade Cake Balls...yummers!

Black Magic Cupcakes, Margarita Cupcakes, Strawberry Cupcakes and Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
It's okay if you're drooling...I was too! ;)

14 comments:

  1. YUM! These sound incredible! Definitely going to have to try it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooooooo cute!! i love happy accidents :) found you over at sunday showcase, stop by for a visit sometime :)

    jackie
    http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable and look absolutely delicious! My mouth is seriously watering just looking at the picture! Love your blog--I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you today!!
    -- Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The straw is an absolute touch of genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you (now following you) from Whipperberry! These look fantastic!!

    xoxo-

    Lauren
    thebadd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! Love the straws too..
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sound so yummy and they look pretty darn cute too! :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving this. Strawberry lemonade is everywhere now and I'm so happy. It's one of my favorite summer flavor combos. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here! :O)

    I also wanted to invite you to submit some recipes to *Made it on Monday* a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    Link ups are open every WED.-SAT.

    I hope you will drop on by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so delicious & pretty! Love it.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. recipes are accidents ! do you have the recipe to share ?

    ReplyDelete