Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pencil Pops!

I've been CRAZY busy this past week preparing for my daughter's 1st Birthday Party! I'm taking a break from the last minute crafting, arranging, baking...yes...I'm still making treats (to the tune of about 6 dozen sugar cookies waiting for icing!)

So I'll keep this short....but very sweet!

Harper's party is a vintage school theme and I made these super fun Apple Cake Pops using pencils as the sticks. If you want a great tutorial on how to make the Apple Cake Pops I'll defer to the Queen of Cake Pops herself, Bakerella!

She also has a tutorial for those of you that have never attempted Cake Pops and need the basics...I'm not reinventing the wheel here...and she's so thorough you definitely need to go to her site if you plan on poppin' in the future ;)

Here's what you'll need for the Pencil Pops:
Prepared Cake Balls, formed into apple shapes
Red Candy Melts
Pencils
Plastic Pencil Pop Tips (I got mine from Sweet Baking Supply)

If you like the cute tags I used to decorate the finished pops check out Fort and Field!







27 comments:

  1. very cute. these would be perfect for school!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I love it. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I am in love with Bakerella cake pops! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the party, these look AMAZING!! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable idea! Almost too cute to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and what a unique idea. Love how you used the pencil. Very creative! I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cake pops are really clever!Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop! I would love a follow back at www.lifesgristle.blogspot.com, while I look around your site!

    :)
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're absolutely adorable! I've never seen those pencil pop tips. What great creative baking accoutrement! I'm visiting from the party at Paisley Passions. Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm giving your post a "pin" at Pinterest. Hope it brings some good traffic your way.

    Your newest follower, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! These are so cool. Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable.

    Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
    <3, New Follower
    Tomorrow starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering our Party Tutorial Contest! Good luck. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi following you from the
    Social Parade! Hope you visit
    and follow me too!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love the tags with the penmanship paper too - absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey! I wanted to let you know that I'm featuring your cute pencil pops today. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'd love for you to stop by if you get a chance.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable! I will be featuring these :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking this tutorial in our Party Tutorial Contest. It's being featured on our Tutorial Tuesday post: http://www.purejoyeventsblog.com/2011/04/tutorial-tuesday-apple-pencil-cake-pops.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these, so cute!

    ReplyDelete